Find Gay Friendly Wedding Vendors in Alabama &
Plan Your Same-Sex Wedding in Alabama
Alabama is a part of the deep south and is famous for historic sites and vintage buildings. Many of these locations would make a great setting for your gay wedding. Some of the top attractions include Noccalula Falls Park, offering breathtaking waterfalls, and the Civil Rights Memorial.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Alabama
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham is not at the top of the lists of LGBT-friendly campuses, but the LGBT students find the community to be very accepting. Various campus LGBT organizations are working to promote greater rights and civil liberties for the LGBT population in Birmingham and the rest of the state.
- Birmingham is home to numerous gay clubs and LGBT-friendly bars. If you are having your wedding in the Birmingham area, there will be plenty of entertainment for everyone in both party’s families.
- Birmingham is also the location of the annual Alabama Gay Pride festival. This event is held every year and attracts thousands of LGBT supporters from around the surrounding area.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Alabama
- You and your partner will need to provide a valid photo ID or birth certificate in order to obtain a marriage license.
- There is no waiting period. Though, some counties may make you wait 3 days if you are not a resident of Alabama.
- The fees will vary from county to county. The average fee is $43.35.
- No blood test is required.
- Same-sex marriage has been legal in Alabama since January 2015.
Get city-specific information for marriage licenses, things to do, and to learn more about the legal history of same-sex marriage in cities throughout Alabama:
Birmingham or Montgomery
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.