Find Gay & Lesbian Friendly Wedding Vendors Connecticut
Plan Your Same-Sex Wedding in Connecticut
The southernmost state in New England, Connecticut is a gorgeous state with a deep history. In Hartford, you can visit the Mark Twain House, where the famed writer spent some of his most active years. While in the capital city, you will also find a large and well-connected LGBT community. There are over 32 higher learning institutions in Hartford and a booming LGBT club scene.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Connecticut
- Same-sex marriage has been legal in Connecticut since 2008. A progressive state, the capital city of Hartford has embraced the LGBT culture.
- Hartford is a 2-hour drive from Boston or NYC and home to high-end shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- Yale University has supported the gay community, with an LGBT studies program and various other LGBT resources, including Queer Yoga and Queer Tea.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Connecticut
- You do not need to be a resident of Connecticut and you can appear individually if needed.
- You need to appear in the county where you plan on getting married.
- You will need a photo ID, such as a driver’s license or a passport.
- You will also need to know your social security number, mother’s maiden name, parents’ birthplaces, the date and location of your wedding, and the name and contact information of your wedding officiant.
- The fees vary from county to county, with an average cost of $30 to $35.
- There is no waiting period. Though, you may have to wait until the next day in some counties.
Discover city-specific information on things to do, marriage license information, and the legal history of same-sex marriages by clicking on a city below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.