Planning Your Same-Sex Marriage in Delaware
Delaware is a small state with lots of unique destinations. You can visit the many Delaware State Parks or shop tax-free at the numerous outlets, boutique shops, and malls that can be found off major highways. If you are interested in history, you should visit Fort Christina ñ the first Swedish settlement in North America. For those looking for a gorgeous state park, learn more about Cape Henlopen State Park.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Delaware
- Same-sex marriage has been legally recognized in Delaware since July 1, 2013. The governor signed legislation in May 2013 that legalized same-sex marriage, becoming the eleventh state to do so.
- The discrimination and harassment laws in Delaware have included sexual orientation since 1990. Starting in 2013, gender identity was included in these antidiscrimination laws.
- The University of Delaware has an active LGBT organization. This LGBT club is actually the largest club on campus. Along with the LGBT club, there are several other organizations affiliated with the school that helps support LGBT rights in the region.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Delaware
- You will need a photo ID, such as a driver’s license, state ID, or a passport.
- You do not need to be a resident of the state of Delaware.
- There is a 1-day waiting period for residents. Nonresidents have a 4-day waiting period.
- The average fee for a marriage license is $35. You must pay in cash in most counties.
- If you have previously been married, you will need a certified copy of your divorce decree.
Receive details about specific cities in Delaware, including additional information about marriage licenses, top attractions, and the history of same-sex marriages:
Dover Gay Weddings
Rehoboth Beach Gay Weddings
Wilmington Gay Weddings
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.