Gay & Lesbian Friendly Wedding Vendors in Florida
Planning Your Same-Sex Marriage in Florida
Florida has always been a top travel destination and home to some of the largest LGBT communities. Miami, West Palm Beach, and other popular tourist destinations have been a common stop for the gay crowd. While those cities have an active nightlife, there is more to see in Florida, including the Everglades and Walt Disney World.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Florida
- New College of Florida has been ranked as one of the Top 20 LGBT friendly colleges. Several LGBT groups have been active at the college since 2009.
- South Beach in Miami has a wonderful party scene and has long been thought of as a gay-friendly destination.
- West Palm Beach has a trans-inclusive nondiscrimination ordinance and has long been a top destination for the LGBT community in Florida. It was also listed as the 3rd queerest city in the US, according to the Advocate.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Florida
- You do not need to be a resident of Florida.
- You and your partner will need to bring a picture ID, such as a driver’s license. You will also need your social security card and may be asked for a certified copy of your birth certificate.
- You will need a copy of divorce decree if you got divorced within the past 30 days. Otherwise, you can simply provide the date of the divorce. The same requirements apply to deceased spouses and death certificates.
- There is no waiting period for those take a marriage counseling course and a three-day waiting period for everyone else.
- The fees are typically about $93.50, but this varies between counties in the state.
In order to find city-specific information in Florida, including legal history, marriage license information, and things to do – please click on a city below:
Sarasota & Gulf Beaches
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.