Find Gay Friendly Wedding Vendors Hawaii
Plan Your Same-Sex Marriage in Hawaii
The beautiful state of Hawaii could be the perfect setting for your gay wedding. There is so much to do on the islands of Hawaii that it will be hard to fit everything into your wedding schedule. Though, you should still try to get away from your wedding planning to go scuba diving, snorkeling, or go on a boat tour.
Along with those fun excursions, you could do some sightseeing. Head over to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park or Akaka Falls State Park. Both spots are amazing sites that you will remember for a lifetime.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Hawaii
- Since December 2, 2013, same-sex marriage has been accepted in the state of Hawaii. The Hawaii State Legislature passed the Hawaii Marriage Equality Act, which was signed by the Governor on November 13, 2013.
- The state capital of Hawaii, Honolulu, is incredibly LGBT-friendly. The state of Hawaii ranks first in the nation for having the fewest number of reported hate crimes.
- The state of Hawaii ranks second in the United States for the percentage of LGBT adults living in the state.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Hawaii
- In order to obtain a marriage license in Hawaii, you and your partner will need to provide proof of age. For those that are 19 years old or older, you can present a valid ID, such as a driver’s license or state ID. For those 18 years of age, you will also need to provide a certified copy of your birth certificate.
- If you have previously been married, you will need to provide the date of divorce or the date of your spouse’s death.
- There is no waiting period for using your marriage license.
- The average fee for a marriage license in Hawaii is $60, payable in cash only.
- No blood tests are required and proxy marriages are not allowed.
If you want additional information about a specific city in Hawaii, including how to obtain a marriage license, things to do, and the history of same-sex marriage, then please click on a link below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.