Find Same-Sex Wedding Vendors in Idaho
Plan Your Same-Sex Marriage in Idaho
Idaho is a northwestern state with mountainous terrain and plenty of scenic views. A great spot for your gay wedding, Idaho is home to Boise and Twin Falls ñ two gay-friendly cities with a lot to offer.
If you are looking for things to do in Idaho while planning your wedding, you should visit Hells Canyon. This 10-mile wide canyon is situated along the border of Oregon and offers hiking and scenic drives. You could also take a trip to the gorgeous Shoshone Falls waterfalls in the city of Twin Falls.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Idaho
- Boise, Idaho actually ranked twelfth in the Advocate’s list of queerest cities in the United States. An LGBT anti-discrimination ordinance was passed in the city in 2012. This city is also home to the Idaho Gay Rodeo Association and the Boise Pridefest.
- Same-sex marriage has been legally recognized in Idaho since October 15, 2014. In the case of Latta v. Otter, the US District Court found that Idaho’s ban on same-sex marriage was unconstitutional.
- The city of Twin Falls has an ordinance that prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation while many other counties in Idaho include gender identity in their antidiscrimination ordinances.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Idaho
- You and your partner will need to present photo ID’s and birth certificates when obtaining a marriage license in Idaho. You will also need to supply your social security number.
- You do not have to be a resident of Idaho to get a marriage license.
- There is no waiting period for a marriage license.
- The fee for a marriage license will vary. You will need to check with the County Clerk’s office where you intend to obtain your marriage license.
- If you have previously been married, you will need to provide the date of your divorce or the date of your spouse’s death.
Get city-specific information about marriage license details, the history of gay marriage, and things to do by clicking on a city below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.