Find Gay Friendly Wedding Vendors Illinois
Plan Your Same-Sex Marriage in Illinois
Are you planning your same-sex marriage in the wonderful state of Illinois? There are plenty of cool attractions to keep you busy while planning your wedding. The Willis Tower, still often referred as the Sears Tower, is the second-tallest building in the United States. The observation deck provides a panorama view of the Chicago cityscape. For shopping and fun rides, spend some time at the Navy Pier. If you go at the right time, you may even get to see some fireworks.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Illinois
- Same-sex marriage has been legal in the state of Illinois since June 1, 2014. This came after Governor Pat Quinn signed a law into effect on November 20, 2013.
- Chicago was listed at number five on a list of cities with the highest Queer Index rating according to the website Vocativ. The city is home to numerous LGBT-friendly businesses and ranks first in the nation for LGBT newspaper circulation.
- The University of Illinois at Chicago has partnered with the One More Chance Clinic to help hold discussion groups that help support LGBT students and the community. The university also holds events and educational workshops throughout the year.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Illinois
- In order to obtain a marriage license in Illinois, you and your partner will need to show proof of age and identification. This could include a driver’s license, state ID, passport, or a military ID card.
- If you do not have any of the forms of ID mentioned above, you can provide two other forms of identification, including a certified copy of your birth certificate, foreign passport, US resident alien card, life insurance policy, or a baptismal record.
- There is a 24-hour waiting period before your marriage license becomes valid.
- The average fee is $30. Though, this fee can vary between different counties in Illinois.
- You do not need to be a resident of Illinois to get a marriage license in the state.
If you would like city-specific information about obtaining a marriage license, the history of same-sex marriage, and things to do, please click on a city below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.