Find Gay Friendly Wedding Vendors Indiana
Plan Your Same-Sex Marriage in Indiana
If you are planning your gay wedding in Indiana, there is more to check out than the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The city of Indianapolis is mostly known for racing but is also home to The Murat Theatre. The Theatre has comedy shows, top musical acts, and various stage performances throughout the year. In the nearby city of Monticello, you will find the Indiana Beach Amusement Resort. This resort offers thrilling rides, roller coasters, and access to the beach.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Indiana
- Same-sex marriage has been legally recognized in the state of Indiana since October of 2014. This decision came after the ruling in the case of Baskin v. Bogan that challenged the ban on gay marriage.
- Several counties in the state of Indiana have discrimination laws that cover gender identity, along with sexual orientation.
- Indiana University at Bloomington, founded in 1820, holds weekly meetings that help offer peer support for LGBT students. This university is considered one of the top LGBT-friendly campuses in the country.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Indiana
- You and your partner will need valid photo ID’s. This could include a driver’s license or a state ID.
- If you are a resident of the state of Indiana, you will need to obtain your marriage license in the county where you live.
- If you have previously been married, you will need to know the date of your divorce or the date of death of your spouse. In some Indiana counties, you may need a copy of a divorce decree or death certificate.
- There is no waiting period for your marriage license.
- The average fee is $60 for non-residents and $18 for residents of the state of Indiana.
If you want information about a specific Indiana city, such as marriage license information, the legal history of same-sex marriage, and top attractions, click on a city below:
Indianapolis Gay Weddings
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.