Planning Your Same-Sex Marriage in Louisiana
Louisiana has a lot more to offer than just the Big Easy. While New Orleans is a great spot for your same-sex marriage, there are other locations to consider. As you start making your wedding plans, you should examine some of the best sights in Louisiana.
Driskill Mountain is the highest natural point in Louisiana and offers scenic hiking and great views. If you are going to spend time in New Orleans, then you will have to visit the French Quarter. The heart of New Orleans, the French Quarter has long been a top destination for the gay community.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Louisiana
- Tulane University, in New Orleans, has an office for Gender and Sexual Diversity that promotes various LGBT events on campus and the surrounding area. They also hold a Pride Prom and have a nondiscrimination policy that is inclusive of gender identity and expression.
- New Orleans Pride is a growing LGBT festival that has quickly become one of the largest pride festivals in the region.
- New Orleans has always been a great destination for the LGBT community. You will find numerous gay-friendly establishments in the city.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Louisiana
- You and your partner will need to present photo ID’s when applying for a marriage license. You will also need to present a certified copy of your birth certificates.
- You should also know the full name of your parents, including your mother’s maiden name.
- You do not need to be a resident of Louisiana to get a marriage license.
- There is a 72-hour waiting period before your marriage license is valid. Though, this does not apply to out-of-state couples that get married in New Orleans.
- The average fee for a marriage license is $25.
If you would like specific information about a city in Louisiana, including marriage license information and things to do in the city, then click on a link below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.