Planning Your Same-Sex Wedding in Maine
Located in New England, Maine is mostly known for their fishing community and for being the northernmost state in the contiguous United States east of the Great Lakes. A rocky coastline, rolling mountains, and various waterways, the state of Maine is truly gorgeous and a great destination for your same-sex wedding.
Some of the top attractions in the state of Maine include Acadia National Park and the Portland Head Light historic lighthouse in Cape Elizabeth. If you are visiting Maine from out of town, make sure you take the time to enjoy some seafood – especially the clams and lobster.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Maine
- Portland is the largest city in Maine and is considered the America’s Foodiest Small Town – according to Bon Appétit. It is also the number 1 city for beer drinkers.
- Portland has also received honorable mention for being LGBT-friendly and attracting a large number of young people. It is thought of as one of the most livable cities in the US and has a varied mixture of older architecture and modern designs.
- Maine is also home to Bates College. This small college is mostly known for having an LGBT friendly collegiate athletic program.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Maine
- You will need a photo ID, such as a driver’s license. If you are under the age of 24, you will also need your birth certificate.
- You do not need to be a resident of Maine. If you are a resident, you must apply for your marriage license in the county where you reside.
- If you have been previously married, you will need a certified copy of a divorce or a death certificate.
- There is no waiting period.
- The fee for the marriage license is about $30. This varies from county to county.
If you need city-specific information on locations, marriage license information, events, and things to do, please click on a link below:
Find Gay Friendly Wedding Vendors Maine
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.