Find Gay Friendly Wedding Vendors Maryland
Planning Your Same-Sex Wedding in Maryland
Are you planning your same-sex wedding in Maryland? This great state is very progressive and accepting of the LGBT community. There is also plenty to see and do in Maryland.
Maryland is home to the National Aquarium. This amazing destination houses over 17,000 marine animals representing over 750 different species. Along with the aquarium, make sure you visit the harbor area of Baltimore for some of the greatest seafood restaurants in the country.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Maryland
- Maryland has taken steps to help prevent discrimination against the LGBT community. This includes antidiscrimination laws that have been in place since 2001. The antidiscrimination laws also include protection for gender identity.
- The University of Maryland at College Park has a program called The One Project that helps LGBT first-year students integrate into the school system. They partner with several LGBT organizations in the area and even help faculty, staff, and graduate students.
- On January 1st, 2013, it became legal for same-sex couples to marry in the state of Maryland.
Requirements for Gay & Lesbian Weddings in Maryland
- If you are between the ages of 18 and 21, you need a driver’s license or a birth certificate. Though, it is advisable to bring a photo ID even if you are over 21.
- Only one of you needs to be present.
- You do not need to be a resident of Maryland. But you must get married in the county where you purchase your marriage license.
- The fee is between $35 and $60 depending on the county where you obtain your marriage license.
- There is a waiting period of 48 hours.
For city-specific information on marriage license information, legal history of same-sex marriage, and things to do, please click on a link below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.