Find Gay Friendly Wedding Vendors Michigan
Plan Your Same-Sex Marriage in Michigan
The great state of Michigan offers plenty of options for your gay wedding. Whether you choose to have a beach wedding along one of the great lakes or choose to get married in a city, there is something for everyone. If you are looking for fun things to do, check out The Mackinac Bridge, spanning more than 26,000 feet, that connects the upper peninsula to the lower peninsula of Michigan. If you are in the Detroit area, head to the Riverfront for shopping, dining, and entertainment.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Michigan
- Lansing, the capital of Michigan, was listed as the fourth queerest city in the United States, from a report by the Advocate. The city has a non-discrimination ordinance and also hosts various LGBT events. This includes the Michigan Pride festival.
- The Equality Michigan organization actively works to support LGBT rights throughout the state. They have helped work with lawmakers and communities to get several nondiscrimination ordinances passed.
- The Grand Rapids area is a conservative town with a thriving LGBT night scene. If you are planning your gay wedding in the Grand Rapids area, make sure that you check out some of the bars and clubs in the region.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Michigan
- You will need a photo ID, such as a driver’s license or state ID when getting a marriage license.
- The average fee is $20 for residents of the state of Michigan and $30 for non-residents.
- There is a three-day waiting period before the marriage license is valid.
- You may need to supply a copy of your divorce decree if you have previously been married.
- No blood tests are required. Only one person needs to apply in person to obtain the marriage license.
Get city-specific information about cities in Michigan, such as marriage license information, things to do, and the history of same-sex marriage by clicking on a link below:
Detroit LGBT Weddings
Grand Rapids LGBT Weddings
Midland LGBT Weddings
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.