Planning Your Same-Sex Marriage in Mississippi
Are you starting to plan a same-sex wedding in Mississippi? If you are going to have out of town guests, they will likely want some fun activities or places to visit to make more out of their trip. You can use the following top attractions as recommendations or take a break from dealing with your wedding planning to visit some of these spots yourself.
Mississippi has a lot of interesting destinations, including the birthplace of Elvis Presley. Located in Tupelo, Mississippi, the home where Elvis was born is now a museum and a gift shop.
If you would like a scenic destination, head over to the Mississippi Petrified Forest ñ wildflowers and honeysuckle await. Make your wedding unforgettable and include some fun side destinations to your wedding plans.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Mississippi
- The Mississippi Pride festival is held each year. The festival is organized by Unity Mississippi, a non-profit group that is focused on promoting gay rights and acceptance.
- Mississippi University for Women is one of the most accepting colleges in the nation. They have a Gay-Straight Alliance at the college to help promote tolerance. Numerous events are held throughout the year to help support LGBT rights.
- The Gay-Straight Alliance has recently set up an office at the University of Mississippi, advocating for gay rights and educating people about LGBT acceptance.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Mississippi
- The specific identification requirements may vary in different Mississippi counties. Some counties accept any proof of ID, such as a copy of an insurance policy or a birth certificate. Generally, you will be okay if you bring a photo ID, such as a driver’s license, state ID, or a military ID.
- In most counties, you will need to supply the date of your divorce, if you have previously been married. Others may require a certified copy of the divorce decree.
- There is no waiting period for a marriage license in Mississippi.
- The average cost for a marriage license in Mississippi is $22, payable in cash.
- You do not need to be a resident of Mississippi to get married in this great state.
Discover city-specific information on things to do, marriage license information, and the legal history of same-sex marriages by clicking on a city below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.