Planning Your Same-Sex Marriage in Nebraska
A part of the Midwest and the Great Plains, Nebraska is known as the Cornhusker State, with a fitting motto ñ equality before the law. If you are planning your same-sex marriage in Nebraska, you should take the time to explore some of the top attractions that this state has to offer.
Perhaps one of the most scenic destinations in Nebraska is Scotts Bluff National Monument. This area marks a stopping point along the Oregon Trail and the Mormon Trail. The main attraction is Scotts Bluff, a large landmass, and cliff. The Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha is also a great destination for your wedding guests.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Nebraska
- Hastings College has a number of LGBT advocacy groups that are very vocal on campus. This includes the Gay/Straight Alliance (GSA). The GSA is a part of the Peer Education Umbrella Network, which helps promote support for LGBT issues.
- Same-sex marriage has been legally recognized in Nebraska since June 26, 2015, after the historic US Supreme Court ruling in the case of Obergefell v. Hodges.
- The city of Omaha, the largest city in Nebraska, hosts a gay pride festival each year, known as the Heartland Gay Pride festival.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Nebraska
- You must be 19 years of age or older to get married in Nebraska. Permission may be granted for those that are 18, but this will depend on the county where you are getting married.
- You will need a photo ID, such as a driver’s license, state ID, or passport, when obtaining a marriage license.
- There is no waiting period for a marriage license.
- The average fee is $15 in cash.
- You will need to provide the date of your divorce or the death of your spouse if you have previously been married.
Get city-specific details about obtaining a marriage license, top attractions, and suggestions, by clicking on a link below:
Omaha Same Sex Weddings
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.