Planning Your Same-Sex Marriage in New Hampshire
New Hampshire is a gorgeous state in the New England region of the United States. If you are planning your gay wedding in New Hampshire, you should take the time to explore some of the top attractions in this state. You could visit Hampton Beach during the summer or head to the Mall of New Hampshire for shopping and dining.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in New Hampshire
- Dartmouth College is an LGBT-friendly campus. The Dartmouth LGBT Network provides many resources and fun for the gay community, including the Tuck Pride.
- Same-sex marriage has been legal in New Hampshire since January of 2010. The state had established a law providing civil unions in 2008. In 2009, the governor signed a law that allowed the previous civil union law to be converted to include same-sex marriages.
- Since 1991, New Hampshire has had laws that cover hate crimes based on sexual orientation.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in New Hampshire
- You will need a photo ID, such as a state ID or a driver’s license when obtaining a marriage license.
- If you under the age of 25, you may also be asked to provide a certified copy of your birth certificate.
- The marriage license will be valid for 90 days.
- There is no waiting period for your marriage license. Though, some websites still incorrectly list the waiting period as 3-days.
- The average fee is $45 and you will need to pay in cash.
Get information about specific cities in New Hampshire, including details on obtaining a marriage license, top attractions, and the history of same-sex marriage, by clicking on a link below:
Concord LGBT Weddings
Keene LGBT Weddings
Manchester LGBT Weddings
Portsmouth LGBT Weddings
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.