Find Gay Friendly Wedding Vendors New Jersey
Planning Your Same-Sex Wedding in New Jersey
If you are planning your same-sex wedding in New Jersey, take the time to explore everything this state has to offer. Spend some time on the beaches and boardwalks along the Jersey Shore or enjoy some thrilling rides at Six Flags Great Adventure.
New Jersey is one of the original 13 colonies and if you happen to be in the northern part of the state you will find yourself a short drive from New York City.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in New Jersey
- Same-sex marriage has been legally recognized since October 21, 2013, in New Jersey.
- Since legalizing same-sex marriage, the state has enjoyed a boom in tourism and the wedding industry. It is estimated that during the first 3 years after legalizing same-sex marriage, the tourism and wedding industry could see a rise of over $100 million in spending.
- Princeton University, located in Princeton, New Jersey, has numerous LGBT organizations and events, including Active Allyship, Bisexual Day Celebration, and Queering the Color Line Family Dinners.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in New Jersey
- You do not need to be a resident of New Jersey.
- You may need to make an appointment at the local Registrar.
- You will need to apply in the county where you will be getting married. If you are a resident, you must obtain your marriage license from the county where you reside.
- A photo ID is required, such as a driver’s license. Certified copies of birth certificates, valid passports, and alien cards are allowed. You will need to know your social security number if you are a US citizen.
- The fee is $28 or more depending on the county where you obtain your marriage license.
For city-specific information on things to do, legal history, and marriage license information, please click on a city below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.