Find Gay Friendly Wedding Vendors New Mexico
Planning Your Same-Sex Marriage in New Mexico
Are you planning your same-sex marriage in New Mexico? You will discover that this state has something to offer everyone. You can enjoy breathtaking sunsets or take in some of the local cuisines. If you are looking for things to do in New Mexico, you could visit Aztec Ruins National Monument, Carlsbad Caverns National Park, or the Four Corners Monument, which marks the spot where New Mexico meets Colorado, Utah, and Arizona.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in New Mexico
- The University of New Mexico has plenty to offer the LGBT community. Various organizations affiliated with the University help advocate LGBT rights, hold events, and provide educational resources.
- Same-sex marriage has been legally recognized in the state of New Mexico since a ruling by the New Mexico Supreme Court on December 19th, 2013 that required county clerks to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
- New Mexico has a long history of advancing LGBT rights. They legalized same-sex sexual activity 1975 and Santa Fe is often considered one of the gay capitals of the United States.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in New Mexico
- In order to get a marriage license in New Mexico, you and your partner will need to provide your social security numbers. If you are over the age of 24, you can present a valid photo ID, such as a driver’s license or state ID. For those under 24, you will also need a birth certificate or passport.
- There is no waiting period.
- The fee for a marriage license is between $25 and $40.
- You do not need a copy of your divorce decree if you have previously been married, but you will need to provide the date of divorce.
- No blood tests are required and proxy marriages are not allowed.
If you would like information for a specific city, including details on obtaining a marriage license, top attractions, and other useful information, please click on a city below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.