Find Gay Friendly Wedding Vendors in New York
Planning Your Same-Sex Marriage in New York
The great state of New York has plenty of entertainment to make your wedding a memorable event. If you have any free time during your wedding plans, you should explore the state ñ or at least New York City. Unfortunately, there is so much to see and do that you may have trouble deciding what you want to check out first. No trip to New York City would be complete without spending some time at Times Square. If you want to take a trip away from the city, make sure you visit Niagara Falls. The falls are definitely a breathtaking sight and a romantic spot to check out during your New York wedding.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in New York
- Same-sex marriage has been officially recognized in the state of New York since July 24, 2011. This came after Governor Andrew Cuomo signed the Marriage Equality Act) into effect.
- New York City has more bars than any other city in the US and a large percentage of these establishments are LGBT-friendly. The city is also ranked first in the nation for the number of LGBT cultural events that are held each year.
- In addition to New York City, the cities of Syracuse, Albany, Buffalo, and Rochester all score high on the Vocativ Queer Index.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in New York
- You and your partner will need to present photo ID’s when applying for a marriage license. This could include your driver’s license or state ID. You will also need to provide evidence of your age, such as a certified copy of your birth certificate, a baptismal record, or a naturalization record.
- There is a 24-hour waiting period before your marriage license becomes valid.
- You do not need to be a resident of New York to get married in the state.
- If you have previously been married, you will need to show certified documents proving how your marriage ended. This could include a certified copy of your divorce decree or the death certificate of your spouse.
- The average fee is between $35 and $50, depending on the county where you get married.
For city-specific information about getting a marriage license, the history of same-sex marriage, and top attractions in various cities, then click on a link below:
Buffalo Gay Wedding Vendors & Rochester Gay Wedding Vendors
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.