Planning Your Same-Sex Wedding in North Carolina
The beautiful state of North Carolina is a wonderful choice for your gay wedding. You will have access to beaches, mountains, lakes, zoos, museums, and many other options for keeping your wedding guests entertained during the trip to North Carolina for your wedding. While in the state, make sure you visit the North Carolina Zoo and Mount Mitchell ñ the highest point in North Carolina.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in North Carolina
- Warren Wilson College is home to the Center for Gender and Relationship, which has helped attract LGBT activists and supporters to the campus area.
- Same-sex marriage has been legal in North Carolina since October 10, 2014. This came after a US District Court judge ruled in the case of Synod of the United Church of Christ v. Cooper which deemed the state’s ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional.
- Even though the counties and cities of North Carolina do not include discrimination laws protecting gay rights, almost all of the major universities in the state have adopted their own antidiscrimination policies to protect the rights of gay students and faculty.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in North Carolina
- You will need two forms of ID. For proof of age, you can present your driver’s license, state ID, passport, Military ID, or certified copy of a birth certificate. For proof of your social security number, you can present a W-2 form, a payroll stub, or your social security card.
- If you have been divorced in the past 30 days, you will need a signed copy of your divorce decree.
- There is no waiting period.
- The fees vary from county to county and are subject to change at any time. For current fees, you will need to check with the County Clerk in the county where you are applying for your marriage license.
- You do not need to be a resident of North Carolina.
If you would like information related to specific cities in North Carolina, including marriage license details, the history of same-sex marriage, and top attractions, click on a city below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.