Planning Your Same-Sex Wedding in North Dakota
Are you planning your gay marriage in North Dakota? Get ready to find plenty of interesting things to do. This sparsely populated state has various attractions that you will only find in North Dakota. This includes the beautiful Theodore Roosevelt National Park and White Butte. White Butte is the highest point in North Dakota, which offers hiking, climbing, and site-seeing opportunities.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in North Dakota
- North Dakota State University achieved high ratings on the pride index. The university has various LGBTQ programs and offers support for those that are just coming out. Educational events and programs help encourage acceptance of LGBT students.
- Gay marriage was not accepted in the state of North Dakota until the historic ruling in the case of Obergefell v. Hodges on June 26, 2015.
- The city of Fargo has a long LGBT history that dates back to the 1860’s. Over the years, many establishments, including bars and restaurants, have been LGBT friendly.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in North Dakota
- You and your partner will need to present your driver’s licenses and social security cards when applying for a marriage license. If you do not have a driver’s license, you can use a certified copy of your birth certificate.
- You will need to apply for your marriage license in the county where you will be getting married.
- A certified copy of your divorce decree is required if you have previously been married.
- There is no waiting period for your marriage license.
- The average fee for a marriage license is $65.
Get city-specific information about marriage license details, top attractions, and the history of same-sex marriage by clicking on a link below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.