Planning Your Same-Sex Wedding in Ohio
If you are planning your gay wedding in Ohio, you have chosen a wonderful destination. Ohio is home to Dayton, the queerest city in the US, and also offers a large selection of prime spots for your wedding and attractions to entertain your wedding guests. Send guests to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or enjoy thrilling rides at Cedar Point amusement park.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Ohio
- The Advocate listed Dayton as the queerest city in the US. The city has a transgender-inclusive nondiscrimination ordinance and numerous LGBT clubs and bars, including the Club Masque.
- Oberlin College, in Oberlin, is ranked as one of the top 20 LGBT friendly colleges in the country. Various organizations help advocate for LGBT rights both on and off campus.
- The landmark US Supreme Court decision in the case of Obergefell v. Hodges that led to the recognition of same-sex marriages throughout the country originated in Ohio. This decision was a major turning point in gay marriage rights in the United States.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Ohio
- You do not need to be a resident of Ohio to get your marriage license.
- You will need a driver’s license, state ID, visa, or passport. You will also need to know your social security numbers.
- Certified copies of a divorce decree or death certificate are needed for previous marriages.
- There is no waiting period for your marriage license.
- The cost is $50 or more, depending on the Ohio county where you get your marriage license.
If you would like information for a specific city in Ohio, such as the legal history of same-sex marriage, marriage license details, or things to do, then please click on a city below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.