Planning Your Same-Sex Marriage in Oklahoma
As you start planning your same-sex marriage in Oklahoma, take the time to explore various vendors and venues in the area. There are some great locations to choose from for holding your wedding ceremony or reception. Along with these plans, you should find the time to explore some of the top attractions in the state.
Located about 7 miles outside of Spiro, Oklahoma, you will find the Spiro Mounds. This archeological site covers over 150 acres which contain over 12 ancient mounds. If you want a taste of the old west, then visit Frontier City, located in Oklahoma City. If you do not have the time to visit these spots, you could use them as recommendations for out of town guests.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Oklahoma
- The OKC Pride festival is held each year in Oklahoma City. This LGBT festival promotes gay rights and awareness.
- Another popular LGBT festival is held in Tulsa each year. The Tulsa Pride festival has been held 33 years in a row.
- The University of Oklahoma, which is located in Norman, is a liberal city and the college campus is very supporting of the LGBTQ community and students.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Oklahoma
- You do not have to be a resident of Oklahoma to get a marriage license.
- You and your partner will need to provide a valid photo ID, such as a driver’s license.
- If you have gone through a divorce, you will have to wait at least 60 days before applying for a marriage license.
- The average cost of a marriage license in Oklahoma is about $50. This will vary between Mississippi counties.
- There is no waiting period for the marriage license, other than the 60 days for divorces.
If you would like additional information about specific cities in Oklahoma, such as marriage license info or things to do, then click on a city below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.