Planning Your Same-Sex Wedding in Oregon
Oregon can be a great destination for your same-sex wedding. This beautiful state has a diverse landscape. You can spend time along the windswept coastline or the Cascade Range. The inner part of the state has dense evergreen forests that could be the perfect setting for an outdoor wedding.
Along with gorgeous scenery, Oregon also has some sites worth checking out. Washington Square in Portland contains over 170 different stores, in addition to great restaurants and bars.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Oregon
- Between March and April 2004, Multnomah County issued more than 3,000 marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Domestic partnerships involving same-sex couples have been allowed since 2008. Though, same-sex marriages were not legally recognized by the state until May 2014.
- The majority of Oregonians support same-sex marriage and the state is considered a gay-friendly destination.
- Southern Oregon University has been ranked as one of the top 25 best colleges for LGBT students. Many events, including a Queer Carnival, are hosted by the Queer Resource Center at the university.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Oregon
- You do not need to be a resident of Oregon to get married in the state.
- You will need a driver’s license or state ID.
- Some counties require a copy of a divorce decree if you have previously been married.
- There is a three-day waiting period.
- The fee is typically about $50. This can vary depending on the county where you get your marriage license.
In order to get city-specific information on things to do, marriage license information, events, or attractions, then please click on a city below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.