Planning Your Same-Sex Wedding in Rhode Island
The smallest state in the country, Rhode Island could be the perfect spot for your same-sex wedding. If you want to spend some time outdoors, visit the Jerimoth Hill – the highest point in the state of Rhode Island. Some other notable destinations include the Marble House in Newport and the Newport Tower.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Rhode Island
- Rhode Island legalized gay marriage in May of 2013 – becoming the 10th state to legalize same-sex marriage.
- Rhode Island has a progressive population with over 60% of residents supporting same-sex marriages. Even the Catholic community has embraced same-sex marriage, with 63% of Catholics in Rhode Island supporting the legalization of same-sex weddings.
- Brown University embraces the LGBT community and LGBT students. They offer a guide that helps give guidance to students that have recently come out. They also help students connect with faculty members that are already open about their lifestyle.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Rhode Island
- Rhode Island requires you to provide a birth certificate and your social security number.
- If you have previously been married, you will need to show a copy of your divorce decree or the death certificate of your spouse.
- There is no waiting period and fees will vary from county to county.
- Marriage licenses are valid for 90 days.
- You do not need to be a resident of Rhode Island. If you are a resident, you will be required to obtain your marriage license in the county where you reside.
If you want to find city-specific information about same-sex marriage license information, top attractions, things to do, and other details, please click on a city below:
All Providence LGBT Wedding Vendors
About Pridezillas & our LGBT Wedding Vendors:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.