Planning Your Same-Sex Marriage in South Dakota
The gorgeous state of South Dakota offers plenty of options for scenic backdrops for wedding photos, along with wonderful accommodations, such as boutique hotels and quaint resorts. You should browse our list of LGBT-friendly vendors and venues in South Dakota as you visit some of the best sites in the state.
One of the most iconic spots in South Dakota is Mount Rushmore. This famous national landmark is located in the Black Hills, just outside of Keystone, South Dakota. Another beautiful location to visit is the Badlands National Park, with gorgeous vistas and natural rock formations.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in South Dakota
- The Sioux Falls Pride Festival is held each year to celebrate the LGBT community, culture, and pride.
- Dakota State University, located in Madison, is a gay-friendly campus and one of the most LGBT-friendly colleges in the nation. The college ensures LGBT students have a safe campus and encourages acceptance of gay rights.
- Dakota OutRight is an organization dedicated to helping support the LGBT community. They offer numerous resources and hold a variety of events to help unite communities throughout South Dakota.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in South Dakota
- In order to get a marriage license in South Dakota, you and your partner will need to present a valid form of identification. This could include a photo ID or a certified copy of your birth certificate.
- A certified copy of a divorce decree or a copy of a death certificate is needed if you have previously been married.
- There is no waiting period for your marriage license.
- The fee is typically about $45, depending on the county where you get married.
- No blood tests are required.
You can find information about specific cities in South Dakota, including extra details about obtaining a marriage license, by clicking on a link below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.