Find gay-friendly wedding vendors Vermont
Plan Your Same-Sex Wedding in Vermont
Vermont is a wonderful tourist destination and a great spot for your gay wedding. Vermont is home to the country’s top ski resorts, but there are plenty of other attractions to enjoy. You can find high-end hotels in Burlington and quaint bed and breakfasts throughout the rest of the state. You should also check out some of the sites, including Mount Mansfield for hiking and Lake Champlain for outdoor activities.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Vermont
- Vermont was the fourth state in the US to recognize same-sex marriage and the first to approve gay marriage by a vote of the legislature. This took effect on September 1, 2009. This means the people of Vermont chose to accept gay marriage instead of being ordered to by a supreme court ruling.
- The University of Vermont hosts numerous entertaining LGBT events throughout the year. This includes the Vermont Drag Idol, First Friday Dance Party, and the Montreal Pride events.
- In 1990, Vermont became one of the first states to pass hate crime legislation that included protection for people’s sexual orientation.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Vermont
- You do not need to be a resident of Vermont to obtain a marriage license. Though, you will need to obtain your marriage license from the county where you will be married.
- There is no waiting period.
- The average fee is $45 for a marriage license.
- You will need a driver’s license, state ID, or a certified copy of your birth certificate.
- You will also need to know the state where your parents were born and your mother’s maiden name.
For details related to a specific city, such as top attractions and things to do or additional information about obtaining a marriage license, please click on a city below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.