Find gay-friendly wedding vendors Virginia
Planning Your Same-Sex Wedding in Virginia
They say Virginia is for lovers, which is a fitting title if you plan on holding your same-sex wedding in this state. While planning your wedding in Virginia, there is plenty to see and do. Spend some time in Colonial Williamsburg and experience 18th-century life. If you want to enjoy beautiful scenery, then you should head over to Shenandoah National Park, located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, or Busch Gardens in Williamsburg.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Virginia
- Mary Baldwin College, an all-girls school, has a strong LGBT presence. The college is known for being LGBT-friendly and encouraging and advocating for LGBT rights in the community.
- Same-sex marriage has been legal in Virginia since October 6th, 2014, when the US Supreme Court decided not to consider an appeal in the case of Bostic v. Rainey.
- Virginia Pride is a large LGBT organization that hosts LGBT events throughout the state. This includes the annual Pride Festival in Richmond.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Virginia
- You and your partner will both need a valid photo ID. This could include a driver’s license, military ID, state ID, or passport. You will also need a certified copy of your birth certificate.
- In some Virginia counties, you will need a copy of a divorce decree if you have previously been married.
- There is no waiting period to obtain a marriage license.
- The average fee for a marriage license is $30.
- No blood test is required and proxy marriage is not allowed.
If you would like information for a specific city in Virginia, including details about obtaining a marriage license, things to do, and the history of same-sex marriage, please click on a city below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.