Find gay-friendly wedding vendors in Washington
Plan Your Same-Sex Marriage in Washington
As you begin planning your same-sex wedding in the state of Washington, you should explore some of the top attractions and features that the state has to offer. Washington is a gorgeous state, once you get away from the major cities of Seattle and Olympia.
If you have the time, between your various wedding tasks, you should visit the beautiful Olympic National Park. Taking a hike through the park is like entering a fairy tale. For those that prefer to find entertainment in the city, you could head over to the Space Needle in Seattle.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Washington
- Same-sex marriage in the state of Washington has been legal since December 6, 2012. The 2012 legislative session passed a bill that granted the freedom to marry to all individuals in the state of Washington.
- Spokane, Washington was mentioned as the eleventh queerest city in the US on a list created by the Advocate. The city has a trans-inclusive nondiscrimination law and a large number of LGBT advocacy groups.
- Another city in Washington, Tacoma, also holds the honor of appearing on the Advocate’s list of queerest cities in the US, ranking at number eight. Each year, the city holds the Earth Gay Event, which helps promote awareness of the LGBT community.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Washington
- When applying for a marriage license, you will need to provide a photo ID. You could bring a state ID or a driver’s license. You will also need to supply your social security number.
- There is a three-day waiting period before you can use your marriage license.
- The average fee for a marriage license in Washington is $64.
- If you have previously been married, your divorce needs to be finalized before you can apply for a marriage license.
- Proxy marriages and common-law marriages are not allowed in the state of Washington.
If you want city-specific information about how to obtain a marriage license, the history of same-sex marriage, and top attractions, then please click on a link below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.