Find gay-friendly wedding vendors Wisconsin
Planning Your Same-Sex Marriage in Wisconsin
The Midwestern state of Wisconsin could be the perfect location for your gay wedding. The cities of Madison and Milwaukee have numerous LGBT-friendly wedding vendors, bars, and restaurants.
If you are looking for some things to do, you should take a boat tour of the Dells of the Wisconsin River. Another top attraction in the state is the Milwaukee Art Museum, which contains a large collection of art and hosts various events throughout the year.
3 Reasons for Gay Couples to Get Married in Wisconsin
- Madison was ranked as the 5th queerest city, according to a report by the Advocate. This progressive city has a large LGBT population and a trans-inclusive nondiscrimination ordinance.
- Madison does not contain any hate groups and ranks 4th in the nation for their number of openly LGBT politicians. The University of Wisconsin at Madison was also ranked as one of the top 20 LGBT-friendly colleges.
- In addition to Madison, the blue-collar city of Milwaukee is also recognized for being LGBT-friendly. They rank 22nd on the Vocativ Queer Index. Milwaukee is home to several LGBT sports leagues and the annual Pridefest.
Requirements for Gay Marriage in Wisconsin
- In order to obtain a marriage license, you and your partner will need a state ID or driver’s license, along with a certified copy of your birth certificate. You will also need to supply your parents’ names, including your mother’s maiden name.
- You will need to obtain a marriage license from the county where you reside. For out of state couples, you will need to visit the county where you intend to get married.
- There is a waiting period of 5 days before your marriage license becomes valid.
- The average cost for a marriage license is $80. Though, this can vary.
- You must show proof of death or divorce if you have previously been married.
For additional information for a specific city, including things to do, the history of same-sex marriage, and marriage license details, please click on a link below:
Pridezillas wedding vendors all celebrate pride, love and equality. We only promote LGBT-friendly wedding vendors who support marriage equality. When you contact one of these businesses, you can be assured that they will be excited to help you orchestrate one of the most memorable days of your life.
Mention Pridezillas when contacting the vendors below for potential and occasional discounts or offers for your wedding.