I have officiated at many weddings for the past five years. I have done over 200 weddings (as of 5/20/14). However, my father was a Congregationalist Minister, and I attended weddings as his helper and singer for many years starting when I was sixteen (30 years ago now). I have coordinated 5 weddings for friends, and have been married twice. Over the years I have continually sung at weddings, and always kept involved with weddings in one way or another. So I felt it was very natural and comfortable for me to become a Universal Life Minister and Wedding Offiiciant. My philosophy is that this special day belongs to you and whatever type of ceremony is needed I will gladly provide. I have done traditional weddings, weddings for couples of different cultures and backgrounds, and completely original weddings with brand new custom designed vows and ceremonies. I am very comfortable doing weddings that are completely secular and non-religious, but if some form of spirituality &/or religion is desired that’s fine with me too. I am warm, loving and most people consider me a very comfortable person to be around. I am rarely flustered by things going wrong, and am experienced enough to know how to "roll with the punches" if anything goes awry. I believe in the sacredness of love and commitment, and my focus during the ceremony and its' preparations stays there. I'm also professional enough to know exactly what needs to happen when, which allows us to have a smooth flowing, relaxed ceremony. My goal is for each person at the wedding to leave it with a little tear, and a big smile. I love to meet with couples and find out what they are interested it, what makes their love work, and what they want for their special day. I also pay close attention to what their family life has been and will be after the wedding. I then design a ceremony in consultation with them that will be comfortable and lovely for them. I am happy to do this work long distance via phone and email if a face to face meeting is difficult to arrange. Because I am a professional singer, I can offer a song that reflects your feelings in your ceremony with no charge. Whatever your needs are, I can perform a ceremony that you will love! Gail Swain wedding packages, including commitment ceremonies and gay weddings, range from the traditional package at $300 to a custom package at $400. Creation of wedding poetry or vows is $100. Funeral or memorial services range from $200-250. Other special services are negotiated on a sliding fee scale. All packages, ceremonies and special services include:
- Unlimited phone calls and/or emails to get the details ironed out and the ceremony just right.
- A face to face planning meeting to determine what kind of ceremony will be most comfortable for you with samples of different kinds of services provided.
- Creation of a ceremony designed with you in mind, with drafts sent to you to ensure your comfort.
- My guideline document on " How to write your Vows" for people that need help
- Music during your ceremony, background lap harp music and up to 3 vocal special songs of your choice. (I am a professional singer, songwriter, choir director and lap harp player).
- I have a small pa system for amplifying voices, good for intimate weddings (less than 50 people). I will bring it, set it up, and run it during your wedding ceremony with no extra charge to you.
- Ceremony sound system, location, & photography consultation based on many years of performing, living and working on the central coast.
- I can negotiate my rates if your circumstances dictate this.
I charge a $100.00 deposit to hold the date, and that comes off your total, so if you want $300 wedding ceremony, I will charge you $200 after I receive the deposit. Contact me and I will send you a contract to obtain my services and put your date on my calendar!